Plan on arriving in Seattle by early afternoon on Thursday, Aug 24th and leaving in the later evening on Sunday, Aug 27th. We’d love to see you at our Wind Down Party so consider spending one more night and leaving on Monday!
We’ve secured a special reduced group rate for attendees at the Silver Cloud Broadway. The Silver Cloud is located at Broadway and Madison, in the Capitol Hill neighborhood, a pleasant 20-minute walk from the main conference venue. 100% smoke-free. Amenities include:
- Complimentary high speed internet access in guestrooms
- Free local phone calls
- Courtesy shuttle to the main conference venue, downtown Seattle, the Space Needle, and more
- Complimentary guest laundry facilities
- Indoor swimming pool, spa, and fitness room
- On-site restaurant
- Guest parking is $25/night plus tax
Special Gender Odyssey Rates:
- $259 Single King
- $269 Double Queen
Rates apply to Monday, August 21, 2017 through Monday, August 28, 2017.
If you need to book guest rooms outside of the event dates, please contact the hotel by phone. Discount rate good through 7/22/2017.
How to Book
- Visit the hotel's GO2017 booking page.
- On the left side of the screen please select desired arrival/departure dates and the number of people and then ‘Check Availability’. This will pull up the Hotel’s regular rates. Click on “Search for Availability.”
- Then Click on “Reserve” for the room type you prefer. It will take you to a page where guests can enter all their information.
- Finally, Click on “Make a Reservation” and your guests should receive a reservation confirmation email shortly thereafter.
Group rates are net, non-comissionable & exclusive of lodging tax. A $15.00 taxable surcharge is applied for each adult beyond double occupancy. There is a max of (4) four individuals per guestroom, regardless of guestroom type.
- Call the hotel toll free at 1-800-590-1801 (or locally at 206-325-1400).
- Ask for the “GO2017” rate and mention the group ID GO2017.
- Complete reservation with your personal information.
Built in 1928, the historic Executive Hotel Pacific offers West Coast style and a glimpse of Seattle’s rich heritage. Located in the heart of downtown, local attractions and business centers are easily accessible by foot or public transportation.
- Exclusive wine reception for hotel guests, hosted nightly from 5 – 6 pm
- Complimentary wireless internet in all guest rooms and common areas
- Cardio fitness center
- Secure valet parking available with in and out privileges
- In-room safe
- Upgraded bedding package, including pillow-top mattresses
- Air conditioning
- Electronic door lock
Special Gender Odyssey Conference Rates:
- $209 Single Queen
- $229 Double Full
Rates apply to Wednesday, August 23, 2017 through Monday, August 28, 2017.
How to Book
- Reserve early – special group rate is honored only if rooms are available
- Must book by July 14, 2017, to get special conference rates.
- To make reservations, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206-777-7102
- Ask for Gender Odyssey Group Rate
- Complete reservation with your personal information
We’re excited to provide conference attendees with a lower-cost lodging option this year at Campion Hall on the Seattle University campus, located just a few minutes from the Silver Cloud Hotel and about a 20-minute walk from the WA State Convention Center.
Standard registration includes housing for two nights, Thursday and Friday, Aug. 4 and 5, and breakfast and dinner on campus on Friday, Aug. 5. You may also choose additional nights if you want to arrive as early as Tuesday, August 2, or check out as late as Monday, August 8.
- Single Occupancy (includes single room from 8/4-8/6 & breakfast and dinner on 8/5): $163.57. Additional nights: $47.20 per night.
- Double Occupancy (includes one bed in shared room from 8/4-8/6 & breakfast and dinner on 8/5): $134.47. Additional nights: $32.65 per night.
- Quad Occupancy (includes one bed in shared room with private bath from 8/4-8/6 & breakfast and dinner on 8/5): $138.17. Additional nights: $34.50 per night.
Your stay on campus will include breakfast and dinner on Friday, August 5. These meals will be loaded onto a pre-paid meal card that will be given to you at check-in and can be redeemed for meals at the Cherry Street Market, located on the 2nd floor of the Student Center. Click here to see a list of their current dining options. If you would like to purchase additional meals at your own expense, you may do so at any of our campus dining locations during their normal operating hours.
How to Book
If you prefer a shared room, you must find your roommate(s) prior to registering with Seattle U, and you and your roommate(s) must name each other when registering in order to secure a shared room. Seattle U will not be responsible for assigning roommates.
If you are looking for a roommate to share hotel expenses or someone to carpool to the conference with, check out Room and Ride Share options.
Ready to register for SU Housing? Click here
If you are looking for a roommate to share hotel expenses or someone to carpool to the conference with, consider joining our GO Room & Ride Share Facebook group. Once a member you can post requests for carpools and room shares. (Note that for shared rooms at Seattle University, you must have a roommate selected before registering for housing.)
This is a private group and is not visible to anyone other than members of the group. Anyone can join, but they must be invited by an existing member. Any member can add or approve members. Please limit discussions to conference-related content only.
How to Join
To join the group, please do one of the following:
- Ask a current member, if you know one;
- Go to the Gender Odyssey Facebook page logged in with the account you want to use to join the group, and send the administrator a private message; or
- E-mail email@example.com and ask to be added to the group. You’ll need to provide either the URL of your Facebook account or the email address to which the account is tied so that we can ensure we add the right person.
We are excited to welcome you to Seattle, one of the most accepting cities for transgender and gender variant people in the world.
Sea-Tac International Airport (SEA) serves the Seattle metropolitan area and is served by more than 30 airlines. The airport is located about 15 miles south of downtown Seattle. Taxi fare to downtown is approximately $55 one way. Other options include Sound Transit Light Rail to Pioneer Square Station and Metro Bus, Shuttle Express or Seattle Streetcar.
Seattle's Greyhound bus station is at 503 S Royal Brougham Way, about 1.5 miles from downtown Seattle.
Weather: August is often a sunny, beautiful month in the Pacific Northwest but we are located in a rain forest so please prepare for all possibilities.