Join Us For the 17th Annual Gender Odyssey Conference!
Gender Odyssey Seattle is an international conference focused on the needs and interests of transgender and gender diverse children of all ages, their families and supporters, and the professionals who serve them.
Our conference is packed with thought-provoking workshops, including medical information and consultation opportunities, professional education, discussion groups, networking, children and youth programming, and social events. This annual gathering attracts people from all over the world for an uplifting weekend of connection, support, and community at the Washington State Convention & Trade Center in Seattle, USA.
Gender Odyssey is open to all. Anyone may attend regardless of gender identity or gender expression. We embrace the presence and participation of our families, spouses and partners, organizations, and allies. We encourage the attendance of those who serve this community to expand their knowledge and understanding of gender diversity and transgender issues.
Programming for Adults, Youth, Families and Professionals
- Gender Odyssey's Professional Track is for professionals seeking to advance their understanding of gender diversity and transgender identities in children, teens, and adults. Leading experts will offer sessions covering gender identity across the lifespan and life experience. Now three full days, the Professional Program includes all of the content of the Family track including programming on Sunday, August 12. Continuing education credits are available.
- Gender Odyssey's Family Program is for families who are working to navigate the day-to-day realities of raising a gender-diverse or transgender child. As one of the only opportunities in the country to find valuable resources, information, and networking opportunities, Gender Odyssey Family provides much needed guidance and connections for families as they seek optimal ways to support their child’s gender exploration. Beginning in 2018, we will be deepening our programming beyond the early “coming out” conversations. In addition to those sessions, we’ll be adding workshops that reflect the needs and experiences of families who’ve so valiantly supported their children for much longer, and who are facing new challenges or seeking deeper conversations.
- NEW! Expanded Youth & Young Adult Programming - Look for a track for our older teens and young adults (18 - 22) getting ready to launch into the world, plus more robust programs for all youth.
- NEW! Employment Track - We are proud to be partnering with the Greater Seattle Business Association (GSBA), the Pride Foundation, and other coalition partners to present a full array of sessions and networking opportunities for employers and human resources personnel, employees and job seekers, and entrepreneurs and small business owners within our Gender Odyssey Professional conference. This track will feature a pre-conference training series for local residents and culminate with a free job fair on Sunday.
- NEW! GO Medical - Each year, more and more people are crowding into the medical care and surgical sessions. We are responding to this demand by offering a specially priced two-day program focused exclusively on building healthy bodies, minds, and lives. Attendees can register for this program with a stand-alone ticket or as a provider/professional/student via the Gender Odyssey Professional conference.
Gender Odyssey's successful track record of continuous growth and innovative programming has inspired a very high attendee return rate as well as a solid reputation for thought-provoking, quality workshops.
2017 Programming Highlights
We're working hard to prepare the program for 2018. To see what happened at the inaugural LA conference, download the 2017 Gender Odyssey Los Angeles program book »
Request to be housed with a local resident/family or offer a spot in your home for an out-of-town attendee. Find out more »