Gender Odyssey is supported and sustained, in large part, by participant registration fees. This community-based support is one of the major reasons the conference can happen each year regardless of the rocky external funding climates that exist today.
Despite our limited funding, we have a strong commitment to making this conference as accessible as possible.
Following are some of the ways in which we accomplish this:
Mobility & Communication
- The conference venue is ADA compliant.
- Certified service dogs are welcome. Therapy and companion animals and other pets are not permitted at the conference. Attendee etiquette regarding engaging with service dogs is included in the program book.
- If you need ASL interpreting, please be sure to mark your registration form and submit it no later than June 1 so that we may arrange accommodations. Note: A limited number of sessions are ASL interpreted.
- If you need Spanish-language interpreting, please be sure to mark your registration form and submit it no later than May 1 so that we may arrange accommodations. A limited number of sessions will be interpreted and/or presented in monolingual Spanish.
Health & Wellbeing
- Flash photography is prohibited.
- Gender Odyssey is a non-smoking and scent/fragrance-free event. Please help us create a safer environment for those with chemical sensitivities by refraining from using perfumes, and other scented products while attending the conference.
- EMF sensitivities are addressed by requesting attendees to turn off electronic devices and/or limit usage while in conference space.
- All-gender restrooms are available in the conference area of the venue.
- Streamlined conference expenses – no luxurious luncheons or flashy bells and whistles – just good, solid programming and simple social events
- Early-bird discounts on Gender Odyssey Family registrations are available for those who can register early (deadline: March 1, 2019)
- Flexible registration options are available for those with financial need, in the form of sliding scale and student pricing, group discounts, and a generous subsidy program
- Limited community housing with local families is available.
- We work hard to keep registration costs low by pursuing underwriting support, sponsorships, grants, and in-kind donations of services from corporations and organizations to offset expenses and expand conference services and programming
- Youth and young adults can attend at more than 50% off adult registration rates and enjoy specially targeted programming as well as the full array of Family sessions and events
- Affordable, quality programming for children at our indoor Kids Camp, enabling parents to focus on their own conference experience
- Sessions centering the experiences of individuals, families and communities of color; ability, aging, and other intersectional topics and marginalized identities
- Demonstrating the depth and breadth of community expertise by emphasizing presentations and discussions led by transgender and gender-diverse people
- Providing opportunities for attendees to help support others with greater need by contributing to the scholarship fund, Kids Camp, travel expenses and airline mileage pools
- Publishing all of the free events anyone can attend without registering for the conference
- If you have specific mobility or communications access needs or concerns about the space, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Please explore the various payment and discount options available. We are committed to getting you into the conference at a price you can afford.
- Don’t be shy about asking for help; we don’t know you need it unless you ask. Let us know if we can help in any way. We want you here!