Join Us for the 2nd Annual Gender Odyssey Los Angeles!
Gender Odyssey Los Angeles is an international conference focused on the needs and interests of transgender and gender diverse children of all ages, their families and supporters, and the professionals who serve them.
Our conference is packed with thought-provoking workshops, including medical information and consultation opportunities, professional education, discussion groups, networking, children and youth programming, and social events. This annual gathering attracts people from all over the world for an uplifting weekend of connection, support, and community at the Sheraton Pasadena Hotel in Los Angeles, California, USA.
Gender Odyssey is open to all. Anyone may attend regardless of gender identity or gender expression. We embrace the presence and participation of our families, spouses and partners, organizations, and allies. We encourage the attendance of those who serve this community to expand their knowledge and understanding of gender diversity and transgender issues.
Note: Gender Odyssey Los Angeles aims to establish a core foundation for our work that provides an emphasis on the needs of immigrant communities and communities of color, and, to that effect, we look forward to building relationships—individually and organizationally—within the greater LA area. If you or your organization's work centers these communities, please contact us to learn more about engaging with the conference.
Programming for Adults, Youth, Families and Professionals
- Gender Odyssey's Professional Program is for professionals seeking to advance their understanding of gender diversity and transgender identities in children, teens, and adults. Leading experts will offer sessions covering gender identity across the lifespan and life experience. Now three full days, the Professional Program includes all of the content of the Family track including programming on Sunday, June 24. Continuing education credits are available.
- NEW! Gender Odyssey's Family Program is for families who are working to navigate the day-to-day realities of raising a gender-diverse or transgender child. As one of the only opportunities in the country to find valuable resources, information, and networking opportunities, Gender Odyssey Family provides much needed guidance and connections for families as they seek optimal ways to support their child’s gender exploration.
- NEW! Youth & Young Adult Programming - Look for a track for youth and young adults (ages 13 - 22) full of dynamic workshops and ample social time.
- NEW! Kids Day Camp comes to Los Angeles! For the first time in LA, we welcome children ages 4-12 together for THREE full days of all kinds of fun games and activities—including theatre, dance, art, music, scavenger hunts, and costume parades—while their parents, guardians, and caregivers attended educational sessions. Kids Camp is FREE to children of registered participants (suggested donation: $25 per child per day).
- Opportunities to meet privately on-site with select trans-affirming care providers.
Gender Odyssey's successful track record of continuous growth and innovative programming has inspired a very high attendee return rate as well as a solid reputation for thought-provoking, quality workshops.