On Wednesday, May 2, the Seattle Foundation is hosting GiveBIG, a one-day online giving event where the foundation’s corporate sponsors will match a share of donations, large or small. As you may know, Gender Diversity is the training arm of the organization that produces the Gender Odyssey conference. Gender Diversity is going to be one of the beneficiaries of GiveBIG this year, and this is a great opportunity to help us make a national impact!
After every Gender Odyssey conference, Gender Diversity steps in and provides year round services, including:
- Meeting numerous requests for K-12 schools and university trainings to create inclusive, accepting environments for trans students.
- Connecting people with knowledgeable doctors, therapists, groups, attorneys and other resources.
- Offering a continuing education seminar called Gender Odyssey Professional Day (on Aug 2nd of this year) to provide students and professionals an opportunity to learn about gender nonconforming youth and their families from the national experts.
We need immediate financial support to carry forward this important work.
Gender Diversity has only one paid staff member – me – and I want to change that! There are more and more requests for services, groups, trainings, referrals and support, and our ability to meet those increasing needs is stretched to its limits. Funding is needed to increase Gender Diversity’s capacity to meet these critical requests. Almost EVERY call or email is directly related to a single child, teen, or adult that needs help and support now!
Simple Steps to GiveBIG
Would you please help us with a donation on May 2nd, and ask all of your friends and family to do the same?
1. On Wednesday, May 2nd go here to donate online: Seattle Foundation – Gender Diversity.
2. RSVP for GiveBIG on Facebook – Click here.
3. Rally your friends & family to support Gender Diversity on May 2nd. Spread the word using emails, Facebook and Twitter.
Donations of any size are welcome!
Remember, a share of every contribution made through The Seattle Foundation’s online Giving Center during on May 2nd will be matched by the Seattle Foundation’s corporate sponsors. Your donation will be s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d for maximum impact!! There is also a chance our group could be chosen at random to receive an additional $1000 in a drawing. Help us make the most of GiveBIG!
My heartfelt thanks to all of you for your support on May 2nd. Let’s keep changing the world!